Life Groups are the friends you grow, laugh and serve with. People are designed to thrive in community with others as we grow closer to Jesus. While many attend New Life gatherings each weekend, the heart of our church is Life Groups. We believe that growth happens in smaller settings throughout the week in addition to our weekend gatherings.
Which one of these groups may be right for you?
Paul’s Letter to the Romans
Paul’s letter to the Romans covers various subjects while addressing the Christian believers in Rome. Some of the main topics covered are; understanding why Jesus’ sacrifice was necessary; the role of faith; the fact that salvation is available to all who believe; the role of Jews and Gentiles; understanding who the true Israelites are; etc. Join other men in reading, praying, and discussing God’s Word.
- This 8 week men’s study meets at New Life Assembly every Wednesday evening from 7:00-8:30 PM.
Men’s Discipleship Group: Driven by Eternity
One day you will stand before God and give an account of your life. The most important question you can ask yourself now is, will you be ready?
Most Christians know their response to the cross determines where they will spend eternity. But did you know that how you’ll spend eternity is determined by what you do in this life?
God wants you to discover your calling—he’s not trying to keep you in the dark. In fact, He longs for you to find the meaning and purpose that comes with knowing why you’ve been placed on this earth.
In Driven by Eternity, best-selling author John Bevere uses an eye-opening allegory and extensive Scripture to unveil how our daily choices shape our eternal existence.
Life beyond the final breath is much more than a destination. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Discover your God-given destiny and make your life count both today and forever.
- This group meets on Saturdays at 9AM at Winegars at Jerrols; contact Vimish Singh 253-441-8961
Finding I Am: How Jesus Fully Satisfies the Cry of Your Heart
What is the deep cry of your heart? The ache in your soul that keeps you up at night? The prayer you keep repeating? Jesus not only cares about this deep, spiritual wrestling, but He also wants to step in and see you through it.
Join Lysa TerKeurst on the streets of Israel to explore the seven I AM statements of Jesus found in the Gospel of John. Through this interactive, in-depth study we will be trading feelings of emptiness and depletion for the fullness of knowing who Jesus is like never before.
- This women’s group meets every Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:00PM at New Life Church. Contact Deanna Hamilton for more information at 206-769-6358.
(W)holy Health: Women’s workout!
Need some friends to keep you accountable to work out? Join other women to do some fun workouts through BeachBody on Demand. Sweat and laugh and get to know other women!
- This group meets Mondays @ 10AM and Thursdays @ 9AM at New Life Church
Boundaries: When to say yes, how to say no
The New York Times bestselling book Boundaries has helped millions understand that being a loving Christian does not mean never saying no. This newly updated and expanded companion workbook provides practical exercises for setting boundaries in marriage, parenting, business, and friendships in a digital age.
Following the newly updated and expanded edition of Boundaries chapter-by-chapter, this interactive workbook helps you look at specific relationships in your own life. With those situations in mind, you can ask and answer:
- Why do I feel guilty about setting clear boundaries?
- What if the boundaries I set hurt the other person?
- Is it difficult for me to hear no from others?
- What are examples of legitimate boundaries at work and home?
- How can I have good boundaries online?
- How can I stay connected while still setting boundaries with my phone?
- In what ways do I need to set better boundaries with social media?
Boundaries Workbook gives a biblical foundation and practical tools for helping others respect your boundaries—whether you are not responding to a text message immediately or saying no when someone asks you to volunteer for one more activity.
Discover firsthand how good boundaries give you the freedom to live as the loving, generous, fulfilled person God created you to be.
- This group meets Mondays at 11AM at the church – Contact Rebecca Thomas 253-350-1892
It’s Not Supposed to be this Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointment Leaves You Shattered
Life often looks so very different than we hoped or expected. Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment, but others shatter us completely. We feel disappointed and disillusioned, and we quietly start to wonder about the reality of God’s goodness.
Lysa TerKeurst understands this deeply. But she’s also discovered that our disappointments can be the divine appointments our souls need to radically encounter God. In It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way, Lysa invites us into her own journey of faith and, with grit, vulnerability, and honest humor, helps us to:
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment by discovering how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
- Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when God actually does give us more than we can handle.
- Shift our suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing us.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help her navigate hard realities with real help from God’s truth.